Sunday, October 24, 2010

overindulging

overindulging
This weekend, that's all I've been doing.

Saturday I slept in, waking to bright sunshine streaming in through my windows; attended Body Pump, then went on to do some shopping and some gardening. I bought myself a hanging basket, and planted in it a chili plant, with some tumbling tomato plants and some basil for company. Sadly I am not sure where to hang the basket. The Lads' Love herb is in a separate small pot - hopefully it will grow and be a good mosquito repellent as advertised.

Today I cycled to the market (which sadly turned out not to be on this week); stopping by the hospital and then on to church, dropping in on Coles on my way there (only to find that I had left my wallet at home. Maybe it was a blessing that the market wasn't on); then home to cook a sort of chili con carne, before going back to the hospital for a few hours.

Back home for an episode of Dexter before cycling to Aldi to satisfy a sudden and strange craving for blueberries; home again to pull out weeds from the side of the driveway and to spray weed-killer on the other stubborn weeds. Then more Dexter, one Community, and then more Dexter again! (This time accompanied by some chocolate - breaking bits off a block of chocolate which used to be plain dark chocolate but which has now become a slab of mint chocolate with embedded coconut flakes.)

Can you believe that after all that, I'm still hungry? I'm going to stick to the Nashi pears and the berries and keep away from the chocolate. It's not like I'm on a diet, but I feel that I should be more disciplined in my habits, starting with my eating ones.

No comments: